Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Gochujang paste
- 35 g soft brown sugar
- 50 ml water
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornflour blended with 2 teaspoons cold water
- 2 x 50 g packs Peparami Pep’d Up Chicken Bites
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Sticky rice, to serve
In a medium saucepan, place the soy, gochujang paste, sugar, water, ginger, garlic, rice wine and sesame oil.
Whisk over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved, then whisk in the cornflour. Bring to the boil, whisking continuously until the sauce thickens and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Stir in the Pep’d Up Chicken bites and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Serve the bites with the rice, spooning over any extra sauce, sprinkled with the spring onions and sesame seeds.