- 4 Bags Peperami Chicken Bites (frozen over night)
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 100g cornflour
- 150g plain flour
- Oil to fry
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 large onion peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped, 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 tbs easy garlic paste or 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tbs easy minced minced ginger
- 150m tomato ketchup, 3 tbs vinegar
- 75g brown sugar
- 1 tin (435g) pineapple chunks in juice
- Boiled rice
- Sesame seeds
For the chicken:
- Heat the oil in a wok or pan until very hot about 180.
- Whilst the oil is heating, place the egg in one shallow bowl and the cornflour in another shallow bowl. Add the flourto another shallow bowl and mix together.
- Dredge the Frozen Peperami Chicken Bites in the cornflour, then dip in the egg (make sure all of the chicken is covered in egg wash), and finally dredge it in the flour. Add to the pan and cook on a high heat for 6-7 minutes, turning two or three times during cooking, until well browned. You may need to cook in two batches.
- Remove from the pan and place in a plate lined with kitchen towels.
For the sauce.
- Add the oil to a large frying pan/skillet, heat it up on a medium heat and add in the onions.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring every now and then, until the onions start to go translucent.
- Add the peppers and cook for a further minute.
- Add in the garlic and ginger, cook for another minute.
- Add the tomato ketchup, vinegar, dark brown sugar, and the tinned pineapple (including the juice) and stir.
- Bring to a simmer and let it bubble until slightly thickened.
- Transfer the cooked crispy chicken to the pan with the sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve with boiled or fried rice and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.