Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 175 g dried penne
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 15g unsalted butter, 15g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard, 300 ml milk
- 75g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 x 50 g pack Peparami Pep’d Up Chicken Bites
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
Rocket salad, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200ºC, Gas Mark 6.
Bring a large pan of slightly saltedwater to the boil add the pasta and onion and cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
Meanwhile in a medium saucepan, place the butter, flour, mustard and milk and cook over a medium heat, whisking continuously until the sauce boils and thickens, then stir in half the cheese, the chives and season to taste.
Drain the pasta and onion, then toss into the sauce. Spoon half the pasta mixture into the bottom of a lightly buttered ovenproof dish, then scatter over half the Pep’d Up Chicken bites and tomatoes. Repeat with the remaining pasta, chicken and tomatoes. Sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan and cook in the oven for 15 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
Serve with a rocket salad.