Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 125 g basmati rice, rinsed
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 125 g chopped tomatoes, from a can
- 300 ml chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50 g frozen peas
- 2 x 50 g pack Peparami Pep’d Up Chicken Bites
- 4 tablespoons peri peri sauce
Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and pepper and cook over a medium heat for 3 minutes until softened.
Stir in the spices and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the rice to coat in the spices.
Add the chopped tomatoes and stock and season, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 7 minutes.
Stir in the peas and place the Pep’d Up Chicken on top. Cover and cook for a further 3 minutes, until the rice is tender and the stock absorbed.
Divide between 2 bowls and drizzle the peri peri sauce over the chicken. Serve immediately.