For the sauce
1tbsp olive oil
1 tin tomatoes
3 garlic cloves
For the base
160g sourdough starter
120ml warm water
200g strong white bread flour
Pinch of salt
- Mix all base ingredients in a bowl. Once combined, tip out onto work surface and knead til smooth. Cover and leave for 30 minutes.
- Saute garlic in olive oil over a low heat. Add tomatoes after 10 minutes and cook until thick, about 20 mins. Blitz.
- Split dough into two pieces & roll out. Place in a heavy-based frying pan and push out to edges. Spoon tomato sauce into the middle and spread out, leaving 2ins round the edge.
- Choose your toppings. I went with sliced Peperami sticks, chopped beef sticks, wild garlic pesto, buffalo mozzarella for the first, and grated mozzarella, Peperami, cherry tomatoes and basil for the 2nd.
- Cook on hob for 8 mins over a medium heat, then put under a hot grill until bubbling and crust is coloured. Devour.