Peperami Recipes: Peperami Beans
Beans. Beloved food. Anyone who doesn’t like beans on toast needs their British citizenship revoked. It’s like they’re fed to us through a bottle at birth. But do you know what else is a beloved snack? That’s right – Peperami. The meaty masterpiece we all know and love, so why not put them together?
We’re not talking university-style soggy bread and microwaved beans either, oh no. We’ve put our heads together to combine Peperami and baked beans with style. They said it couldn’t be done, but we showed them. Cooked up with some onion, red pepper and paprika you’ve got a whole new taste sensation. More than just a cheeky afternoon snack, these beans are a masterpiece. Smother them on a freshly baked potato, use them in place of refried beans in a burrito to make it mightily meaty, or just shovel them straight into your mouth, we don’t judge when it comes to our meat.
Serves 2-3 (or just you if you’re feeling greedy.)
• 1 tin of baked beans
• 1 small onion finely chopped
• 1/2 red pepper finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove crushed
• 2 Original, Text Mex or Beef Peperami cut into 3mm slices. Feeling spicy? use Hot, or crack it up to volcanic with Firestick.
• 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
• 1/2 tsp of oil
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and then fry the onions and peppers until softened.
2. Add the Peperami, crushed garlic and smoked paprika and cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Add the beans and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Serve either on a jacket potato or on toast.
And there you have it, the spiced up, Pep’d up version of beans on toast. Uni lads everywhere rejoice, a new way to enjoy your two favourite things. Just call mum every once in a while, yeah?
Discover more Peperami Recipes here.