Peperami Recipes: Leek and Potato cakes
We’re fans of a burger. A big bit of meaty deliciousness between a bun? Yes please, get right in my belly! But sometimes it’s good to mix it up a bit, and at Peperami we love a bit of innovation. Always on the look-out for something different to get our taste buds going.
So we’ve thought up these Super Meaty Leek and Potato patties, mixing all of our favourite things in a hot cake. What taste, what flavour, what innovation.
They work for anything. Cooking dinner for the kids? Done. Having mates over to watch the game? Say no more. Trying to impress your date with a twist on a classic burger? This is quite literally the ticket.
Want the recipe? Happy to oblige.
Makes 8 patties
- 3 medium leeks trimmed and sliced
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and quartered
- 50g grated cheese
- 5 pack of Peperami (Original or Beef. Feeling spicy? Use Hot or go volcanic with Firestick) chopped into small pieces
- salt & black pepper to season
- 10-12 oatcakes
- 1 egg
- Place the potatoes into a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes
- Add the leeks to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes until the potatoes and leeks are cooked.
- Drain the leeks and potatoes and season
- Add the grated cheese and mash them together.
- Stir in the chopped Peperami until well mixed. Make into 8 patties.
- Pop the oatcakes into a plastic bag and crush using a rolling pin or glass jar until you have crumbs, place in a shallow dish or plate.
- Break the egg into a shallow dish and beat it.
- Dip the potato patties into the egg one at a time and then into the crumbs until well covered.
- Place on a lightly greased baking tray
- Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 180̊C
And voila. The perfect patties.
Discover more Peperami Recipes here.